My HIV Test Experience by J

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:21 AM


Hello everyone.

I want to share my story.

I am from Cagayan de Oro City. I went here in Manila last 2006 and looked for a job. Luckily, I was able to get a job after a month.

Recently, nagkaron ako ng cough which lasted for about 3 months bago nawala and I had rashes. At first, parang wala lang saken. But when a pulmonary doctor told me na nagtataka sya bakit ang hina ng resistinsya ko sa ubo, nag worry ako. My work mates also started to notice na namamayat ako.

I got afraid.


I started reading online articles about HIV and came across Pozzie's blog which is in my opinion, more informative and inspiring.

From reading, I learned about the signs/symptoms, how HIV is spread, what's CD4 and almost all information related to HIV.

But it took me more than 4 months before I decided na magpa-test.

On September 14, 2013 Saturday early evening, I got Pozzie's number and email from his blog site. I was planning to send him an email to ask help in getting myself tested. But before I tried to send an email, I decide to add him first on Twitter and Facebook. Luckily, he was online and accepted me right away and we chatted. I didn't expect to be getting a response that fast. He convinced me to take the test the next day September 15, 2013 Sunday. And I said yes. He gave my number to Marky who's our PRR Care Manager and now, a good friend too.

Marky and I met the next day. Sunday morning with 2 more guys. I was scared but he gave his assurance that he will be there for us along the way. It's like having someone you have known for a long time and is very much willing to help. That somehow, eased the stress I was having.

We met Phillip from RITM Malate and had our pre-counselling. I am very pleased that their clinic staff are very accommodating and makes you feel safe and being cared for talaga.

After the pre-counselling was blood sample collection.

We were told it will take about to 2 hours for the result so we decided to take our lunch first.

After 2 hours, we went back to RITM. It was one on one this time for the release of result and post-counselling with Phillip.

And I got the result, it was reactive like what I suspected.

It was painful, sad and scary. Phillip gave me assurance that everything will be okay despite the result. Ako naman on a personal note, hinanda ko na yung sarili ko for the result. I felt it coming. SO I my mind was thinking so much ahead. Like ano gagawin ko, I got scared mawalan ng work, I was asking myself when and how will I tell my family, and how will I tell my partner.

Phillip told me to breath and think of myself first. In an instant, it pulled back my sanity. I should think first of what to do to make myself better. I will take things one step at a time. But first, I need to focus on myself.

He referred me to RITM Alabang for CD4 test. Good thing that Marky offered to accompany us and we will be doing it on Thursday, September 19, 2013.

When I got home, I told my partner about the result. We've been together for more than 3 years. And he's upset and worried. But luckily, his reaction towards me was not negative naman. That's why I am thankful sa kanya and lalo na kay Lord. We talked about the situation and he decided/agreed to have himself also tested and sasamahan ko sya on September 29, 2013. Sunday. Sana matuloy.

I just hope and pray na hindi sya magbago and masira relationship namin because of this. Like what Phillip told me... "Hindi HIV ang cause ng failure sa relationship between partners but the stress caused by the whole situation. Kung mahal ka talaga ng partner mo, makakaya nya yun.".

All I can say to my partner right now is that whatever his result may be, I will always be here for him. Just like how he is always here for me and I will pray na sana parati kami ganito and di magbago towards each other.

Pag ready na ako, I will then tell my family soon. Di ko naman patatagalin. I think they should know the soonest time regardless what their reaction may be.

Basta kapit lang ako kay Lord and will take advise from my support group. My new friends.

I am thankful kay Lord na he brought these people as instruments to help new pozzies like myself.

So thank you Pozzie, Marky, Phillip, the RITM staff and to all the other wonderful people I will meet along the way on this new challenge I am facing.

To God be the Glory.









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: