Email 622: HIV Symptoms?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:35 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

10 years ago,  I had intimate experienced with a prostitute. I used condom during the act but she did performed oral sex. After that, I noticed bumps/blisters around my tongue that wont heal. I immediately seek medical advise and the doctor informed me that it was herpes. So, I go on with my life and forget it because the doctor told me that there's no such treatment for  herpes.


Last, September 10, 2013,I had an unprotected sex with tuition girls. After the act, I noticed that I had unusual feeling about my body. I noticed this flu like symptoms with joints pains.Sometimes, nights sweats. These symptoms did appear after 8 hours.

What I did, I submitted my self for CBC- the result was my lymphocytes was low, neutrophils was high and monocytes was high.I took vitamins and supplements and played basketball. Then, after 5 days- the CBC result was almost normal.

Now, I felt  burning sensation all over my body.I am afraid to take the test but I am willing to take it.I tried to approached the HIV Testing here in Davao but I am terribly shy because there were lots of people around the area.

Do you think these are early symptoms of HIV? Please reply.

NurseDavao

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi NurseDavao.

Thank yu for your email.

HIV has non specific symptoms, and as a nurse you should know that. Only the HIV test can diagnose it and not the symptoms. Thus, whatever you are feeling can be attributed to anything, even HIV.

Don't think anymore and just take the HIV test. If you get shy and not be responsible, then you will keep on continuing to think about it and won't have peace of mind. Also, delaying the HIV test will put your health at risk later.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy










"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: