Email 628: Do I have HIV?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:15 PM

Hi PozziePinoy,

Good day po!

I decided to email you po kasi gulong-gulo na ako. I really need your advice. Para mapadali story, I kwento ko na lng by using timeline.

Dec. 2011 – last unprotected sex with A. A is my first experience. He's a friend and nagawa ko yun kasi minahal ko sya. Pero nalaman ko na he had multiple partners before. So after nun, stop na.


June 2012- met B online. I was invited sa place nya. di naman tlga ako nakikipag meet-up pero he was very persistent and so I did. but because I was scared, All we did was to kiss, deep kiss.

Sept. 2012- kissed with C. C is also a friend, ewan ko ba nangyari na lng. usually, hanggang dyan lng tlga ako kasi I’m really scared nga. after nyan, di na nasundan nang kahit na anong experience coz I really promised na I’m going to abstain na and I’m glad na hanggang ngayon wala na tlga.

Because I get sick din sometimes, I got paranoid. Madami akong nabasa sa net which made me even more paranoid.

So Jan. 2013 – pumunta ako sa ritm para magpa test and to answer all my questions. Thank God it was negative.

March 2013 – we had our annual physical exam, may nakitang suspicious densities sa 1st x-ray ko and suggested na magpa apicolordotic view ako (2nd x-ray). After the 2nd x-ray, lumabas naman na clear yung lungs ko. I got worried kasi I read from the net the connection of HIV and TB.

April 2013 – Because of paranoia, I decided na magpa test ulit. Again it was negative. Di na tlga ako nag engage sa mga ganung activities kasi sabi ko sa sarili ayoko bigyan ang sarili ko  ng rason para mag-isip ulit.

Sept. 2013- found a new job. During my pre-employment medical, may findings ulit sa first x-ray and this time pati na din sa 2nd x-ray ko. Nag consult ako sa pulmonologist and he said that I have latent/inactive ptb  so pinayagan nya ako mag work kasi im not infectious naman daw and I told him na may family history pero I read from the net that if you have an abnormal x-ray then it means that you have active ptb which can mean that you also have hiv. 

Nalilito po ako. Napapagod na po ako kakaisip and its already affecting my work. I'm aware naman of the window period pero d pa rin mawala yung what-ifs? I’m always sad po. gusto ko nga sana po mag stop muna mag work at magpahinga kasi d ako makapag work ng maayos sa kakaisip. Sana po mabigyan nyo po ako ng advice.

Visor

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Visor.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns with me and my readers.

I am proud of for taking the test twice. It is nice to hear people who are proactive about their health.

Going back to your concerns, based on your time line, you are definitely HIV negative. No need to argue about that anymore and stop thinking about it. Instead, start thinking about your other lung infections. They are definitely not related to HIV, in your case. Have a consultation with a pulmonary doctor so you can get treatment, if necessary.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: