Email 643: Conclusiveness at 87 days?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:07 AM

Hi Sir Pozzie,

Good day!

I would like to ask if my HIV including HBSAG and Sy tests made last August 24 (70 days post exposure) and September 9 (87 days post exposure) at RITM-MALATE  were already conclusive? (Thank GOD result was non Reactive).

I had an experienced an oral sex from a Masseur last June 14 (actually my 1st time). I got scared and attacking with anxiety..currently I experienced nerve and muscle pains..One thing I have Diabetes and taking up meds, do this illness affect my current test?

Hope you can answer my querries..

More power and God Bless

B

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi B.

Thank you for your email.

I am proud of your for taking the HIV test. By taking test you become in control of your life.

The HIV tests right now are sensitive enough to detect HIV antibodies at three months. However, like what I always say, I advocate HIV testing at 3 months, 6 months and yearly HIV testing. There are instances that there uncertainties with the 3 months, so I always advice for a follow up at 6 months post exposure. Why, not right? It is your life and it is better to be absolutely sure. Also I advocate for a yearly testing as part of the annual medical check up.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: