Email 612: Help with HIV Testing Kit or HIV test in Dubai

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:41 PM

Good Day po,

Salamat ng marami sa blogs nyo.I just stumbled in your website seeking for advice. Bago lang po ako dito sa Dubai on a visit visa at naghahanap ng trabaho to stay and make a living. Pero natatakot po ako na ma blood test prior to issuance of residence visa. Mandatory po kasi ang HIV test dito na conducted ng government ng Dubai. Ayoko pong mapahiya, madetained, madeport at mabanned for life kung may nakita silang problema sa dugo o baga ko. I considered myself as high risk dahil ako po ay natreat na ng STI before but never been tested for HIV. Ang favor ko lang po baka merong alam po kayo na pwedeng magdeliver ng rapid HIV testing kit sa bansa na ito. At kung wala, baka po may magtip na available yung kit dito at mabigyan ako ng pangalan ng pharmacy so i can buy this product. Sa gayon, pwede po ako magtesting sa bahay. At kung sakali na ako ay magpositive, I will voluntarily leave the country without a bad record. Kahit malaman ko yung bad news, my next step is to seek treatment in our country.

Help me kung pano po ako maka acquire nung testing kit. That maybe will have a peace of mind. Meron akong naresearched malapit dito na discreet HIV testing. (Zach's) pero bukod sa mahal ang fee, marami ang nagsasabi na irereport din sa pulis ang malalamang positibo sa test as required by UAE law.

Sana matulungan nyo po aq sa queries ko,

Salamat po in advance,

T.

TRANSLATION


Good Day,

Thank you so much for your blog. I just stumbled on your website seeking for advice. I am just new here in Dubai on a visit visa and I am looking for a job to stay and make a living. However, I am scared to have a blood test prior to issuance of a residence visa. HIV test is mandatory conduted by the government of Dubai. I don’t want to be embarrassed, be detained, be deported and be banned for life if they find out that there’s a problem with my blood or lungs. I consider myself as high riskbecause I was treated for STI but never been tested for HIV.

My favor is maybe you know somebody who can deliver a rapid HIV tseting kit here in Dubai. If none, maybe there is someone who can give a tip as to where the kit is available here and can give me a name of pharmacy so I can buy this product. In that way I can test myself at home. In case I turn out to be positive, I will voluntarily leave the country without a bad record. Even I receiev the bad news, my next step is to seek treatment in our country.

Help me acquire the testing kit so that I’ll have peace of mind, I researched a discreet HIV testing center here (Zach) but aside from expensive fee, a lot of people said that they report to the police if there somebody positive as required by the UAE law.

I hope you can help with my querries.

Thanks in advance.

T.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi T.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing us your concern.

I know it is scary to be in a country where a foreigner who plans to work or live in that country will be deported or not be given a working visa or a residency visa if diagnosed to be HIV positive from the required HIV test. That is their law and although, a lot of countries are so against this law, still we can't do anything about it. I have talked to newly diagnosed HIV positives  who have been accosted from their offices and brought immediately to the airport to be detained and deported. It is very traumatic and very embarrassing.

I understand your predicament however, I don't know anybody who would send you an HIV testing kit. The HIV doctors here who I was able to talk to said that your best option is to just come home and get tested here.

However, I will just post your email, just in case someone can help you with your concern or like what you said, can give you tips as to where to get the HIV test there.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: