Email 603: On Moving to the Philippines

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:25 PM

Dear Pozziepinoy,

I was very impressed by your courage to come out and create such an informative blog in the Philippines. I know that the issue of HIV is taboo there and could cause discrimination.

Please, let me introduce myself. I have been living with AIDS/HIV for more than 30 years. Here in the US we call those people like me long term survivors. I am in perfect health at 63 and know that I might live many more years as longevity is a trait in my family from Egypt.


I am planning on moving to the Philippines towards the end of January for 6 months (as a trial period) but in reality I hope to live there permanently.

I know that I am taking a big risk, first because my medications are not available there, but I plan to get a one year supply (from donations) before I move. I will have to return to the US once a year to replenish my supply.

I will be staying in Cebu and would like to get involved in efforts to educate people on this condition and avail myself for help and support to sick people.

I am sure also that I will need your advise and network of support at times. Most important for me is to get to know you and offer you whatever advice or help I can to curb the spread of HIV/AIDS in your country. I have worked very closely with researchers here and I am very knowledgeable with all kind of treatments, even a possible cure. I know it is coming and I am determined to have something to do with it in this lifetime.

As a matter of fact, one of the reasons, I want to retire in the Philippines is to write my life story and all the struggles I have overcome. This in turn may become a source of inspiration and courage for others.

There's lots to talk with you about and this is just a note to introduce myself and voice my intention to provide help and support to the HIV community in the Philippines and particularly in Cebu where I intend to live.

Looking to hearing back from you.

With my deep respect,

MO


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi MO.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog.

I know that when you come here and live in the Philippines, your life story will give inspiration to a lot of PLHIV's. As a long term survivor, you will serve as hope to a lot of Filipinos with HIV as you are a living proof that it is indeed real that people do live long lives. 

ARV's and or HIV treatment won't be a concern as I have helped a lot of foreigners who are permanently staying here in the Philippines now. I can help you out when the time comes that you decide that you really would want to reside here for good. For the meantime, before coming here, get the medicines that you need.

The blog and my projects, The Love Fund, The Red Ribbon (our facebook online support group), The Project Red Ribbon Outreach, The Care Assistance Program are programs inclined towards helping the Filipino PLHIV's in the country. The programs have started in Manila but are now slowly branching out to the rest of the country. Perhaps, you can help us out with our programs in Cebu when you get here. It will be our honour if you can contribute and support our programs.

Once again thank you for your email and I do hope that we can meet and correspond when you come to the country next year. You can email me again or call me at 0916-286-2066.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: