Email 615: Conclusiveness of the HIV Test Result

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:45 PM

Greetings to all.

I had an unprotected experience almos6 6 months ago. I tested negative at 3 times at 74th 90th and 124th.  the last 2 is 3 months and 4 months respectively or 13th and 18th weeks.

Can I consider my tests conclusive or do I need to take the 24th week test or 6 month at 26 weeks?

Have anyone here ever heard about people testing negative after 3 months but having positive results after 6 months test?

Thank you for your guidance and may God bless us all...


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

HIV testing at 3 months is usually conclusive now. However, I still advocate for 3 months, 6 months and yearly HIV testing. The reason for this is just to be sure that there has been no miscalculations of previous exposures as sometimes they overlap. This is for your peace of mind too as well as taking responsibility of your health. Anyways, it is a win-win situation as it is your health, and you should not be scared of the HIV test. I also encourage people to take the HIV test on a yearly basis as part of the annual physical tests.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: