Email 497: Worried About Syphilis

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:34 PM

good day po, 

im a lesbian. my gf and i found out n she has syphilis. Nag patest sya sa SLH.. sbi scar n daw s blood nya un bacteria. mawawala pb un? may possibility b n  mahawa dn ako nun? my nararamdaman n kc ako n unusual... ng tetake ako ngayon ng doxycycline...anu po dpat nmin gwin.?

archer

TRANSLATION

Good day.

I'm a lesbian. My gf and I found out that she has syphilis. She got tested in SLH. She was told that the bacteria is already in her blood. Will it go away? Is there a possibility that I may get infected? I am feeling something unsual already, and I am taking doxycycline. What should we do?

archer


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE



Hi archer.

Thank you for your email. 

Since in your email, you were asking about syphilis, not HIV, I still am going to address it as it is also an STD.

I am not very familiar with syphilis so I called RITM-ARG and asked your questions to the staff. Maram asked the doctor and then relayedto me that indeed once you have syphilis you will already have it. Now it boils down to your concern if you can get it from your partner or not. The answer that was relayed to me was yes, you can get it if the level of the bacteria is high in your partner that is why it is important that your partner has to monitor it for 6-12 months.

My advice to both of you is to seek consult with an infectious disease doctor in any hospital near you so you can be given the proper advice and proper prescription of medicines.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: