Being Proactive

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:29 PM
For 5 days now, I was down with the common cold. I had dry cough and slight fever which made me stay home and not work. I've been taking robitussin syrup for 5 days now but it seems that my cough is not going away. I texted Dr. Ditangco and she said that It is just the comma cold. My other doctors from The Medical City told me to have a chest x-ray and see my pulmo doctor.

Today, getting irritated but my dry cough, I decided to go to TMC and have a chest x-ray. I texted my other doctors and Dr. Ditangco that I will have a consultation with my pumo today. I finsihed my x-ray and got my plate and waited outside my doctors clinic. 



I was number 4 in line, but when he saw me, he prioritized me and I came in. He checked my xray first then got his stethoscope and checked for my breathing sounds. He told me that my last check up with him was September 28, 2011 which was almost 2 years ago since he took care of my pneumonia. He said that I looked good, and that my chest xray is clear and his diagnosis was just acute rhinopharingitis or just the common cold. He prescribed me with some antimbiotics, a steroid and an antihistamine. 

We then talked about HIV and he said that he has lots of patients who have HIV. He said that he would always talk about my progress, of how I recuperated fast because I accepted my condition very well. He told his patients that I am very adherent to all my medicines and always followed their advices that is why I recovered fast. I told them about my CD4 count and my VL and he was so happy. I also told him about my blog ad he said he will promote it to his patients.

I came out and told Tag about it. He was happy and now I have peace of mind again. It is really good to be proactive about your health. Even though it was a common cold, I still opted to seek consult as I know I have HIV and still it is better to be in charge of your health.








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: