Email 428: Medical Exam and HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:32 AM

Gud pm. tanung q lng po ung 2years ago nkipag contact po aq sa bf q. 1st and last. .ngaun d q po alam if my hiv xa. pero every time n magkaka work po aq i always have a medical examination. cbc and hepa. maki2ta po b un dun? like this may31 2013 and july 8,2013 po aq ng pa medical para sa work ko. ok naman po..maki2ta po ba dun yun?OR NEED PA DIN  PO MAG PA HIV TEST TALAGA?

TRANSLATION

Good evening.

I would like to ask this. I had my first and last sex with my past bf 2 years ago. Now, I don't know if he has HIV. But every time I would have work, I always have a medical examination: CBC and hepa. Will it show there? Like this May 31, 2013 and July 8, 2013 medical for my work. Or do I still need to take the HIV test?



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

In the Philippines, in the medical examination required for employment, the HIV test is not included as it is against the law to have a mandatory testing. HIV test here is voluntary which means that nobody can take the test without your permission. The CBC and hepa tests are different from the HIV test, thus won't tell if you have HIV or not. The only way to know if you have HIV is by taking the HIV test.

Please don't be scared of the HIV test. Just take it, especially when you had a previous unprotected sex with your partner. With the high cases of HIV in the Philippines, it is best to be proactive about it. Be concerned about your health and the health of the people that you will have sex later on. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: