Email 485: Confused New PLHIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:37 AM

Hi,

I live in the Philippines and I was referred to RITM Alabang for CD4 examination and other test. I would  
just like to know:

1. When are they open? (day and time they can accommodate me)
2. How long does the test(s) take?
3. Is the CD4 test for free? If not, how much does it cost?
4. Are the other test for free? if not, how much does it cost per test?

Hope you can help me as I'm a bit confused right now.

Thanks!
M



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi M.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing us your concerns. I know it is confusing at first because you don't know what to do and questions start flooding your brain. Trust me follow the steps that I will tell you and everything will be ok.

Now, let me first answer your questions in the order that you asked them.

1. The RITM-ARG is open Mondays thru Fridays from 7am to 5pm. However, for newly diagnosed patients, the CD4 test is only done:
    a. 7am-8am
    b. daily except WEDNESDAYS

The reason why the CD4 test is done early is for the result to come out after lunch of the same day. This means that you need to come earlier than 7am so you can be given prescription for your CD4 test. The rest of the baseline tests will be done after the CD4 test.

2. The tests are usually done in a few minutes, however since you will be doing the CD4 test and other lab tests, wait for the result and have a consultation with the doctor who will deliver the result to you, then expect that you will be there for the entire day.

3. The CD4 test is FREE to those who will enrol in RITM-ARG. Outside patients or those who are coming from different hubs will pay P3,500 for it.

4. The other baseline tests are also FREE. However, if you have other infections or the doctor suspects that you are already sick with other diseases, then the other specific tests related to your other conditions won't be free anymore. I can't tell you how much but just in case you are sick, then bring at least P5,000 so that everything will be accomplished when you get there.

Since you are a newly diagnosed PLHIV (person living with HIV), you might check out those blog entries:




I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: