Email 471: Baseline Fees

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:42 PM

I just turned HIV + . Can you please tell me how can i pay for  
the tests needed before starting ARV therapy ?  I live in a farm close to  
Davao city.

Many thanks
XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I hope I understand your question correctly but I think your question was how much do you need to pay for the baseline tests needed before starting ARV therapy? If that is the case, let me answer it like this.

1. It depends on each hub on what lab tests are they going to require you to take.
2. Usually the cost is around P5,000 excluding the CD4 test.
3. However, call the HIV/AIDS treatment hub first and check what tests are free and what tests have fees.
4. If you don't have enough money, you can tell the staff of the hospital where to get help. Usually the social worker will assess you and will assist in getting your lab tests done.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: