Email 486: Manila HIV and AIDS Treatment Hubs

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:19 PM

Hi,

Thanks for answering my first inquiry. I would like to ask some more questions:

1. I plan to get a second opinion, is that advisable?

2. Is there any other place where I can take the CD4 test and other tests aside from RITM Alabang? Do they have like a branch or satellite office where I can take the test? (I'm from the province up north that is why its a big obstacle for me to be there before 7AM).

Thanks and more power,
M

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for sending me an email again.

Now, let me answer your questions.

1. You can get as many tests as you want to. But once the confirmatory test comes out, then it is already final.

2. You can take your CD4 test and other tests in any of the HIV/AIDS Treatment Hubs in Manila. However, RITM-ARG in Alabang is the only hub in the metro that provides FREE CD4 test and baseline tests. Since you are from the north, you can either go to PGH-SAGIP or San Lazaro Hospital to get your tests if you want to. They are cheaper than Makati Medical Center, St. Lukes or The Medical City. Before you go to the hub, better call them up first so you would know how much money you need to bring just in case.

You can check out the other hubs here:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: