Email 473: Negative But Still Worrying!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:32 PM

Hello Pozzie Pinoy!

First all I would like to thank you for, because of your blog, I got the courage to get tested for HIV.

My initial exposure happened almost 1 year ago. It's the FIRST sexual encounter I had the risk is considered very low because it's just an unprotected oral sex with a guy with an unknown HIV status. After that incident, I never engaged in any forms of sexual activity because I get scared. I never had anal sex or anything just that oral sex.

So yesterday, (July 22, 2013) I got tested for HIV 1/2. The method is somewhat they called "SDBIOLINE HIV 1/2". So it came back NON-REACTIVE. Yes I'm negative! :) It's hard having the anxiety, stress, and paranoia at the same time. :( But my paranoia i still here. I'm thinking what if something wrong happened to the procedure? What if I'm really infected but the test didn't just detect. So many what if questions are flooding my mind. :(

So is my test conclusive and reliable? Should I put now my mind on rest and continue with my life now?

Thank you Pozziepinoy! I wish you all the best and stay healthy and strong!! :)



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

Yes your HIV (Rapid test) is conclusive. The SD Bioline HIV 1/2 is one of the rapid tests being used for HIV screening. Since your last exposure was a year ago, if you have HIV, then the HIV test would be able to detect it by now.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: