Email 457: ARV's for Foreigners

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:49 PM


As a foreigner married to a Pinoy LWHIV I really enjoy your website and the effort you put in to helping people LWHIV in the Philippines. I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that it is possible for foreigners to purchase ARVs in the country? It would save me a (very) long trip home.

Best wishes,



Thank you for email. Thank your enjoying the blog. I do hope that you learn something about HIV in the Philippines, how our country is dealing with issues of HIV and PLHIV's and how treatment is being delivered here.

When it comes to your concern, ARV's are not sold anywhere in the country. The reason for this is that the ARV's here are all donated by the Global Fund which is being monitored by the Department of Health through all the HIV/AIDS Treatment Hubs in the country. There are no ARV's in any pharmacies here but are only dispensed for FREE in all the hubs all over the country.

If you are married to a Filipino and is living here or is planning to live here, you can avail of these FREE ARV's by applying for an Alien Certificate of Residency (ACR) here. You can go to the Bureau of Immigration and apply for one. Once you have it, then you can enrol yourself in a treatment hub of your choice so you can get the ARV's that you need.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,

NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012