Email 489: Worried About My Symptoms

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 1:16 PM
Hi. 

Im XXX. 

Im wide awake right now. Im from the Philippines. I am experiencing cough, slight headache, lack of energy, loss of apetite and low grade fever for 3 days now. When i went to the toilet, i almost went out of balance. I also had night sweats. I am on the late stage? Can i still live longer if i take the arv ? I have not subjected my self to the test but im sure all the signs and symptoms are indicative that i am hiv pos.. Pls guide me on what to do 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I know it is scary especially that you are experiencing symptoms that you think are HIV-related and from what you have researched maybe at the end stage of the disease. However, like what I always tell people, HIV has non specific symptoms and what you are experiencing right now could be anything. It is easy to believe what we read over the internet, but only the HIV test can diagnose HIV. Period.

If I were you, I would just take the HIV test to calm down your mind. Thinking of other things may just complicate your situation but taking the initial step, by taking the HIV test will tell you if you are indeed infected. I also would like you to go to a doctor ( you can go to the emergency room of any hospital if you don't know any doctor) and have yourself checked. Like what Dr. Ditangco always tell me to tell my readers, if you feel that you are sick, go to the doctor fast. HIV treatment is different from treatment of infections. HIV maybe the cause of the depressed immune system but the infection can be treated at the same time, so why wait.

Let me share with you briefly my story. I had recurring pneumonia so my doctors suspected that I have HIV. However, when I got diagnosed with HIV, they treated my pneumonia first before addressing my HIV. In 10 days, my pneumonia was cured by medicines. After that we addressed my HIV treatment.

You too can do this. Take the HIV test then while waiting for the result, go and get a medical check up for your other symptoms.

With regards to your other question, yes, you can live longer if you will take ARV's just in case you are indeed HIV positive. The advanced medical treatment of HIV has proven that HIV can be "tamed" as long as ARV treatment has started. There are a lot of PLHIV's who are living for decades now because of the ARV treatment.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: