Email 479: On Drug Testing

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:12 PM

Good day!

Tanong ko lang po... about sa drug testing results. I'm taking estiva 600 (efavirenz) and avocomb (lamivudine/zidovudine), will it show false positive results? Do i have to indicate that i'm taking these medicines so that they will not mark my result as positive?

I'm applying for another job and I'm becoming paranoid on what to do during medical exams for the pre-employment.


Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.


TRANSLATION

Good day!

I have a question, about the drug testing result. I'm taking estiva 600 (efavirenz) and avocomb (lamivudine/zidovudine). Will it show false positive results? Do I have to indicate that I'm taking these medicines so that they will not mark my result as positive?

I'm applying for another job and I'm becoming paranoid on what to d during the medical exams for the pre-employment.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

I had the same dilemma before and you can read my entire story and how I dealt with it in blog entry below:


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: