Email 465: Got Myself Tested...

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:11 PM

Hi Pozzie,

I hope you are in good condition in reading my message. I would just like to share to you my experience. After a long period of worrying, 3 months after my exposure I finally decided to get tested yesterday July 21 at RITM satellite clinic. It is very comforting on the testing area,very discreet and the nurse and counselors are very kind as if they have known you for a very long time but still i'm shaking. I was talking to one of the people there  and said he is also a PLHIV and his partner will also be the tested. Looking at his physical appearance, he does not look he has the virus so my fear went up to the highest level coz' he looks more healthier than me. After the counselling, I finally got extracted by the med tech and my whole body is still shaking of fear I was like a jack hammer. After 2 hours of waiting, the result finally came out and thank God it came out negative. My only concern is, how accurate is the Rapid ICT?..do i need to be tested again?..or do i still need to undergo CD4 test to confirm because on the result paper of the HIV test, under the method of test there are two test indicated there. Test 1 says "Rapid ICT" and Test 2 says "Not Done" I was 
just wondering if what would be that test 2?...


Any way I'm very thankful that I found your blog pozzie. It really gave me a lot of courage to take the test. You are helping a lot of people I will always pray for you.

straight guy


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi straight guy.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog.

I am proud of you for taking the test. Now you can move forward and not worry about it anymore. With regards to your concern, your 1st HIV screening was already negative that is why there was no second screening anymore. Enjoy the result and stop worrying, and please protect yourself at all times from now on.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: