Email 488: Peace of Mind at 6 Months

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:47 PM
Hi gud morning...i just want to ask  if my test is already conclusive... i had  my last unprotected sex (anal sex) am the bottom last january 2012 with my friend..then my last exposured through oral sex was  january  2013...i had my first test last march 2013 and my second test is june 2013 and it come out NON REACTIVE the method they use is RAPID TEST ...should i retest again ? do i need to have peace of mind? tnx.

PS: please reply my msg..am so worried po...

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

This is another email pertaining to the conclusiveness of the 3 and 6 months post exposure, HIV testing. Like what I previously have said, 3 months is already conclusive, however the best HIV doctors in the Philippines would always advice the follow up 6 months post exposure HIV testing.

In your case, you have done both and both results were non-reactive. This is already 100% conclusive. You can rest now and start living a healthy, protected sex life from now on. 

Also, like what I tell others, please have an annual HIV test from now on. It is not because you are always exposed to the virus, but I want you all to relax with the HIV test. Knowing your HIV status should be a part of your annual medical check up like you are checking your cholesterol levels, knowing the state and functions of your heart, lungs, kidneys etc. Trust me, it is a win-win situation. In getting the HIV test all the time, you are being proactive about your health and a lesson learned from what you had experienced.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: