Email 438: Dentist Disclosure

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:53 AM

Hi pozzie!

I do have a question... Do i have to disclose my status as hiv+ to my dentist? Since only my parents and brother knows it...  Im planning to have braces.. Or for example pabunot, pasta, cleaning or any dental related activity.... Since i am not ready to disclose it yet.

Thanks!


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

You have to disclose your HIV status to all your health care providers, including your dentist. This is for the protection of your dentist and his other clients just in case. They have the right to know and don't worry, there is a strict confidentiality law here. 

Always remember that when you have HIV, you have the responsibility to stop it from spreading. This is an obligation that you need to do for the rest of your life.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: