PLHIV Story: The Story of "Meanboi"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:25 AM


Hey there. I was diagnosed with hiv last march 2013. nalaman lang na positive ako nung nahospitalized ako due to severe pneumonia. I was diagnosed with TB last november 2012. Muntik na akong bawian ng buhay. I felt so weak. Hirap na hirap sa paghinga. Mabuti na lang at nakaraos ako sa hospital. Bago ako lumabas ng hospital. Dumating yung confirmatory test. Nung bubuksan ko na yung result, kinakabahan ako. Sana negative. Sad to say it turned out positive. Hindi ako umiyak. Nalungkot ako siyempre. Naawa ako nung tingnan ko mga magulang ko. 


After 1 week na madischarge ako sa hospital, pumunta agad kami sa manila. very supportive ang parents ko. Sinamahan nila ako. Full support. What a relief. Nagstay kami sa PAFPI o Positive Action Foundation Philippines Inc. Sa malate manila. Sa shelter, nakasalamuha ko yung ibang hiv positive. They cheered me up. Ang laking tulong ng mga inspiring stories nila. 

Then nagproceed na kami sa RITM alabang for lab tests at para maka avail ng libreng ARVs. Ngayon tuloy tuloy ang pag inom ko nito at ng mga antibiotics. Unti unti na bumabalik yung katawan ko. Dati nung nasa hospital ako payat na payat talaga ako. Ngayon nga nag aaral ako ulit. Masteral. Hindi hadlang tong sakit na ito.

 Kailangan lumaban. Umaasa din ako na sana dumating yung araw na madiskubre na yung epektibong lunas para sa sakit na ito.

 Maraming salamat sa blog mo pozzie. By the way, babalik ako sa manila this october para magpacheck ulit ng cd4 count. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET YOU. Stay healthy always and God  
speed! ;)

meanboi

TRANSLATION

Hey there.

I was diagnosed with HIV last March 2013. I learned that I was positive when I was hospitalized due to sever pneumonia. I was diagnosed with TB last November 2012. I almost lost my life. I felt so weak. It was hard for me to breathe. Good thing I god better in the hospital. Before I left the hospital, the confirmatory test came.When I was about to read the result, I got nervous. I hoped it was negative. Sad to say it was positive. I didn’t cry. I got sad of course. I felt pity when I looked at my parents.

A week after I got discharged, we went to manila. My parents were very supportive. They came with me. Full support. What a relief! We stayed in PAFPI or Positive Action Foundation Philippines, Inc in Malate Manila, In the shelter I got to mingle with the other PLHIV’s. They cheered me up. Their inspiring stories really helped me up.

Then we proceeded to RITM in Alabang for the lab tests and to avail of the free ARV’s. I am still taking them and the antibiotics religiously. Slowly my body has been recovering. When I was in the hospital, I was so thin. Now I am back to masteral school. The disease wasn’t an obstacle.

I need to fight. I am hoping that one day that a cure will finally be discovered.

Thank you very much for your blog pozzie. By the way, I am coming back to Manila this October to have my CD4 count checked again. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Stay healthy always and God  
speed! ;)

meanboi











"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: