Email 460: Chinese Citizen Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:28 PM

Hey Pozziepinoy,

I am very glad that I found your website. I have some questions that hoping you will have the answers.
I am an chinese citizen, living with hiv. I have already started my hiv treatment in 2013.
My bf, he is an american. We think we will move to manila the end of 2013.
I think i will apply for a tourism visa first and try to get a student/ work visa when i am in PHL.

My questions:
A for
1) as a foreigner with hiv, can stay in PHL?
2) how can i get access to the hiv treatment/meds in PHL? if now, i guess i need to travel back to China for my meds.
3) Is there any hiv treatment hub/center giving services/meds to foreigners living in PHL? Do you have the information?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,



Thank you for your email.

Let me address your questions in the order that you asked them.

1. A foreigner with HIV can live in the Philippines. 
2. You can get access to HIV treatment and ARV's if you have an Alien Certificate of Residency (ACR). You can check out the website of the Bureau of Immigration to know the requirements.
3. When you have the ACR, you can be enrolled in any of the HIV/AIDS Treatment Hub here in the country, get free consultation from the hub and get FREE ARV's.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,

NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:

© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012