Email 427: OFW May Have Infected Wife

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:19 AM
hello, pozziepinoy

I'm an avid reader of your blog since October 2012. I bumped on you're blog while searching for hiv symptoms and possible treatment in the philippines. I'm a married man and currently working as Eng'r here in Saudi Arabia. I'm sorry co'z it takes me a while to send you an email and I should have done this a long time ago. I have some few question to ask of you I hope you could help me.



Let me start by telling you what happened. Ok it goes like this, I had my vacation last May of 2012 and it was good. I spend it with family not until my last week before I came back here. A friend invited me to a party in his place where drink's are alot and some drugs on the side so u can say it is wild. I went there and meet this girl but I wish that I did'nt had. So to make it short I had an unsafe onenight stand with the girl. Only one's did it happen and it change my life completely. I'm sorry for being paranoid on this, so when I wen't back in KSA a few month later my friend the same guy who ask me to go to his party told me if I remember the girl that he saw me with on that night is a confirmed HIV carrier that's the way he told me not positive but carrier. I was deeply shock, co'z I know even without testing I had a 1 is to 1 chances of getting it and this is the first time I've heard about it that it truely exist because of it I denied that I had sex with the girl I don't know if it's the right thing to do that time.

Now paranoia comes in I've search on google for symptoms and everything, I even watch some video on you tube. Honestly when I found you're blog it help's me alot it ease the tension in me it keeps me calm by reading you're daily blog thinking not to worry co'z I still can get a job in the philippines even undoubtedly I become positive. 

Ok here's my delema I'm planning to keep it to my self untill I get home and get tested, but my wife in the past months is having ARS like symptoms and only I would know that it is. She's been in and out of the hospital and she told me that in the past few days up utill yesterday she has feverish hot feeling inside her body but her body temp. is normal only 36°c, and also having frequent headache and tiredness. I don't know what to do! It's over a year now should I wait till I get back and we get tested together? Is it possible that I get her infected or pass it onto her whithin a few days upon contact? where talking about a week only and I remember way back then that I've slept with my wife on the day after the contact. Is it possible that my penis still have virus and pass it to her on the next evening? I'm worried for my wife's well being if it's only me I think I can manage but if I get her infected I cannot forgive my self.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your experience and concern with me and my readers.

I can understand where you are coming from. It is really scary knowing that you slept with somebody with HIV. What's more scary is the notion that you may have passed it to somebody you love the most. Passing the virus is easy with just one unprotected sex and it is possible that you may have passed it to your wife the following day after you had sex with the infected girl. Your immune system however maybe stronger than your wife's that is why she may be experiencing what you assumed to be ARS.

There is only one solution to this which is to take the HIV test. Both of you should do it as soon as possible. Trust me, it is a win-win scenario. I know it would be hard for you to convince her at first but it is the right thing to do. Please don't wait anymore. If you really love your wife, then come home and do it. 

When you come back here you can call me at 0916-286-2066 so we can talk more.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: