Visited RITM-ARG Today!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:12 PM
I have been so busy lately that there were days that I haven't been blogging, answering emails, text messages or phone calls. Last night, I picked up and answered a phone caller who was concerned if it is true that there is no CD4 testing in RITM-ARG for 3 weeks as was told by his counselor in RITM Satellite Clinic. I promised him that I will confirm this as I got bothered that a lot of PLHIV's esepcially the new ones will then have a hard time with HIV treatment as this is a prerequisite especially for ARV prescription.

Immediately I texted Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG about it and in a few minutes she replied that there was no reagent for their CD4 test last week but they had it last Friday. She added that the CD4 test resumes today, July 8.

I then sent a text message to the PLHIV and he was glad that I was able to reply fast as he planned to go there today.

This morning, I called Maram Bartolome, one of the staff of RITM-ARG if someone can pick up the cotrimoxazole and azithromycin that were donated by a friend doctor who I had the privilege of assisting for his HIV test  months ago. Unfortunately, there was no one available this week to pick them up so after work, I convinced Tag, my partner, that we go to RITM-ARG in Alabang to deliver the medicines as I know that a lot of PLHIV's need these prophylaxes and there were times that ARG can't provide PLHIV's with such medicines.

Tag dropped me off at the front of the main building of RITM and I called Ate Beth as I recalled that she announced that starting July 8, RITM-ARG is moving to the 3rd floor of the same building. After getting the instructions from Ate Beth, I went straight up and saw Maram by the staircase and she walked back up to accept the donations.

There were a lot of patients outside the clinic. It was mid afternoon and I know that they are all waiting for either the result of their CD4 test or their turn for consultation. Inside I was greeted and kissed by Ate Beth, said hi to Marvin and was introduced to the other staff. Of course, nobody knew that I was Pozziepinoy except Ate Beth, Maram, Let, Marvin and Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG. I was just discreetly introduced as someone assisting with The Love Fund by Maram. I left a few minutes later after a few chit chats.

It was nice to go back to RITM-ARG. As I was telling Tag on our way back home, my visits to the clinic always remind me that I still have an incurable virus and even though my last CD4 count was already hight and my VL undetectable, still I have an obligation to myself and a responsibility to others. I am alive and healthy because of the people who are also not stopping in helping other people to get better!








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: