Email 398: Worried OFW

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:39 PM

Dear Pozzie,

Nabasa ko po ang blogs nyo at very enlightening and informative po.
Im not sure po kung positive ako pero there are times na ang partner ko is ayaw mag condom.at sabi nila mataas daw ang HIV cases sa Saudi. by the way im working here In Saudi Arabia at gustong gusto ko magpa test po.kaso baka malaman ng goverment nila in case positive at  pauwiin ako at ako lang ang bread winner. im planning pag vacation ko sa February 2014 at dederetso ako sa RITM satellite office sa malate para magpa test.bago uuwi ng probinsya.


May katanungan lang po ako pozzy:

1. if positive po ba tapos ilang days ang confirmatory test?
2. after ba nang confirmatory test is pwedi na magpa check up for ERV.
3. if kailangan na pong mag ERV pwedi po for 1  or 2years na supply  na med  kasi ang vacation ko is every 2 years.

Please help me on this Pozzie, na paranoid na po ako. di naman pwedi na di na ako babalik kasi ako po ang bread winner ng family at marami pa po akong utang  at pinapag aral at di naman kalakihan ang sahod ko. ang vacation ko is two months , sa 2 months na yon sapat na ba yon para matapos ko ang lahat ng requirements para mag start ng ERV in case positive po ako.


I really need your help. Thanks po in advance.

Best Regards,

Saudi OFW


TRANSLATION

Dear Pozzie.

I read your blog entries and they are very enlightening and informative. I’m not sure if I’m positive and there are times when my partner doesn’t want to use condoms and they said that the HIV cases are high in Saudi. By the way, I’m working here in Saudi Arabia and I really would like to get tested but their government might find out in case I’m positive and they send me home. I am the bread winner of my family. I’m planning that during my vacation in February 2014 to take the test in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate before going to the province.

I have some questions pozzy:
  1. If it turns out positive, how many days is the confirmatory test?
  2. After the confirmatory test, can I have a check up for ARV?
  3. If ARV’s are prescribed, can I get a one or 2 year supply of meds because my vacation is every 2 years?
Please help me on this Pozzie because I am getting paranoid. It is not possible that I don’t go back since I am the bread winner of the family and I have debts to pay, send people to school and my salary is not that high. My vacation is two months and is that enough time for me to finish all the requirements to start the ARV’s in case I would turn out to be positive.

I really need your help. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Saudi OFW




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Saudi OFW.

Thank you for your email.

Let me address your question in the order that you asked them.

First, in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate, the final result comes out in only 2 hours after the test.

Second, if the result turns out to be positive, you will be advised to go to RITM-ARG in Alabang on another day to finish all the lab tests and for consultation with the HIV doctor. Sometimes the full lab results won't come out in a few days so you will have to come back when they are ready (especially the sputum test). 

Third, if ARV's are prescribed to you, it is possible that RITM ARG can dispense ARV's depending on your health status, that is, if you have other infections etc. Now my only concern is that in case you will be allowed to be given a year's supply of ARV's, how can you defend them to the immigration of Saudi Arabia since you will be carrying 36 bottles of medicines (one year supply). I really don't know how strict their immigration officers there.

Fourth, 2 months is long enough for you to finish everything. However, every six months you need to get a CD4 test as required by each treatment hub here and I don't know how that will work for you while you are there.

My best advice is for you to talk to the staff of RITM-ARG when you get here, well, that is in case you are indeed positive. But like what I always tell my readers, take the HIV test first. You may be worrying about something that you don't even have.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: