Email 416: Punishment for Disclosure of HIV Status

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:28 AM


hi Pozziepinoy,

I just want to ask what are those punishments to medical personnel or staff when they break the confidentiality of your record or case..
My case now is being leak and lots of people know about my situation. and what i am going to do to stop the rumor.

please response and dont share my email add

thank you   


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

I have received a lot of emails similar to your concern, with their identities being revealed by the staff of certain hubs and hospitals. I for one had been a victim of this but in my case, I threatened to sue and had it addressed fast in the hospitals administration. They apologized and took matters in their own hands.

In your case, if you want things to be done, make sure that you are ready to fight. This means that you and your family are willing to talk first to the administration and of course disclose the sensitive matter of your issue and if ever, once again disclose to a lawyer your HIV status. This doesn't end here of course as, if you really are to fight till the end, your HIV status will be known (of course with limitations and utmost confidentiality) to the court.

The punishment for disclosure of confidential documents and personal identity is all written in the HIV/AIDS Law:


It is your right though but you have to think ahead. It is with great courage for things to be corrected, and rights to be justified and not be violated.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: