Email 424: OFW Fears About HIV Transmission

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:50 PM

Dear PozziePinoy,

I don't know your real name but I'm so glad I found your blog.  Although I have not read that much stories and articles on your blog, I could find some strength knowing that I would not be alone on this.

I recently was diagnosed but I'm having some doubts, it was done overseas and will be back to the philippines very soon.

If you don't mind, I don't want to talk about details for now as I'm terribly confused and scared and don't know what to do.  I've read that there's a satellite clinic in Malate and it's confidential.  I could may be go there to have a reconfirmation test.  Is it for free? 


Also, I need to know a lot of things as I've not divulge my condition yet to my family and I don't want to shock them and them deserting me.

Will I not harm them if I socialize with them, use their common areas like bathrooms, toilet, share food, utensils, and all other stuff, talking to them, sneezing and all those stuff.  Please help me, I don't know much about this. Although I've read that it's not transmittable through socializing but I need a confirmation, I don't want to endanger the lives of my love ones esp. the young ones.

Please help me Pozzie, can I contact you? I desperately need to talk to someone who knows about these things and who could give me info whenever I needed one.

Thank you so much in advance and hope to hear from you very soon as I'll be flying back to the country in few hours.

Sincerely,

Maroon

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi Maroon.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Now let me answer all your questions.

1. The HIV test in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate is FREE. 
2. HIV can't be transmitted through sharing of bathroom, sharing of food and utensils, talking to people, sneezing. It can only be transmitted through unprotected sex, sharing of needles, exchange of blood, etc.

You can read more about these here:


3. When you get back to the Philippines, you can call me at 0916-286-2066.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: