Email 499: My Husband Has HIV!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:20 AM

Hi pozziepinoy, I've read your blog and was thankful I found it. , my husband was just diagnosed with hiv. I was so scared that i have it also, we had unprotected sex  when i went home. I'm so scared to have the test done, i never imagined he would have it. 

I didn't get sick nman within this 7 months even cough, fever , sorethroats  or swollen lymph nodes yung mga acute symptoms na nababasa ko sa blog mo...I had this flu vaccine shot this January. 

Pinapanalangin ko nalang sa Diyos na wala sa akin pra hindi nman sana masira ang future ng anak namin..



Saan po ba ang magandang treatment hub na ma rerecomend mo na papuntahin ko yung asawa ko, saan po ba yung libre lahat hanggang lab exams pra hindi sya gumastos at magaling na doctor? ayaw nya kasing mag pagamot dahil sa gastos daw ilan lang din kasi ang  monthly income din namin. I'm thankful tumutulong din pala ang gobyerno natin pra sa mga hiv positive nating kababayan...nag wo worry tlga ako dahil baka hindi na sya makapag pagamot dahil sa mahal cguro ang treatment pra dyan at d namin makayanan at mamatay nlng sya. I never imagined na mangyayari ito sa buhay namin parang mababaliw ako this few weeks dahil sa kakaisip sa problemang to. research ako ng research sa net kung may cure na at cost ng treatment hanggang sa nkita ko ang blog mo. I'll be waiting for your reply...

Salamat sa blog mo...God bless...

XXX

TRANSLATION



Hi pozziepinoy, I've read your blog and was thankful I found it. , my husband was just diagnosed with hiv. I was so scared that i have it also, we had unprotected sex when i went home. I'm so scared to have the test done, i never imagined he would have it. 


I didn't get sick though within this 7 months even cough, fever , sorethroats  or swollen lymph nodes, the acute symptoms that I have been reading in your blog. I had this flu vaccine shot this January. 

I pray to God that I don’t have it so that it won’t ruin the future of my kid. 

Which treatment hub can you recommend that my husband should go to? Which hub offers everything for free including all the lab exams and with good odctors? He doesn’t want to spend as we have limited monthly income. I’m thankful that the government is helping our fellow HIV positive countrymen. I am so worried that he might not get medical treatment because the treatment maybe expensive and we may not be able to afford it and he will just suddenly die. I never imagined that this will happen to our lives. I was getting crazy these past few weeks of thinking about this problem. I’ve doing my research over the net if there is a cure already and the cost of treatment until I saw your blog. I’ll be waiting for your reply.

Thanks to your blog. God bless.

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concerns to us and the readers and to the kind words about the blog. I hope that you find all your answers here.

I know that it is really hard to accept what you guys have been going through. But instead of questioning everything, just work on the present and start taking the right steps now. There are things you both need to do instead of looking back. There are ways to deal with this and like what I have been telling all my email senders, the path has been paved and all you guys have to do is to follow what we have already done.

Now, let me answer all you concerns in the order that you asked them.

First, you said that you had unprotected sex with your husband and although you didn't say when you had sex with him, before or after he got diagnosed, still the mere fact that he is HIV positive now, you should focus first on getting yourself tested. You need to know your HIV status as soon as possible. Forget about symptoms as HIV has non specific symptoms. Don't think anymore but just take action. Go to the nearest testing site and get yourself tested.

Second, about your husband, he needs to get treatment now. You worry about the expenses but if he delays having treatment now and gets sick later on, don't you think you guys will be spending more? Would you want to see your husband get weaker and weaker with infection and slowly eat up you savings? You should remember that HIV treatment is FREE in all the government HIV/AIDS treatment hubs. Even the consultation is free. All you have guys have to do is to go there and bring his confirmatory HIV test (done in the Philippines) result and present it to the hub. He will be guided as to what tests he needs to take.

With regards to which hub gives all free labs and HIV treatment, your husband can go to:


When you get there, just look for Maram, Ate Beth, Roldan or Marvin and tell them that Pozziepinoy sent you. All baseline tests, doctors consultations and HIV meds are free there. However, in case your husband has other infections either brought about by his weakening immune system, like all treatment hubs in the Philippines, the labs and treatment for that specific infection are not free anymore. That is the reason why I am telling you guys to go to the treatment hub ASAP to know his health status. I tell you, if you come in late, with your husband already sick, then  you have to spend money for treatment of his other infections. In my case, I had recurrent pneumonia before I got diagnosed. Even when I got free treatment for HIV, I still spent almost P500,000 for my hospitalization, labs and treatment for my pneumonia. You are worried that he will die if he won't get treatment now, so why even think about it. Just work on getting his treatment now so you don't have to worry.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: