Giving Hope To your New Journey

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:43 AM

I can say that my own personal story is living proof that anyone with HIV, even with AIDS can recover fast if one will put his or her mind to getting better. My CD4 was 73 before, my viral load was  107,000 and I had bibasal pneumonia. After 10 days of treatment, my lungs were free of the bacteria. After 6 months of taking ARV's, my CD4 jumped up to 453, then after a year of taking ARV's my CD4 jumped to 537 and my viral load undetectable. This is the product of my own belief: the belief that I will recover, the belief in the goodness and expertise of my HIV doctors, the belief that the ARV's can "tame" the virus.

You too can.

To all those who are just starting their "new journey", don't lose hope. Cling to that strong belief. Believe that you will get better. All you have to do is to start focusing on what you can do. Take the steps that others have done and what others have paved the way for you as the road has been made for your recovery and all you have to do is start walking on the path to recovery. I know you can do it because I have done it. I know you can do it, because others have tried the same path and became successful and they are living their lives happy, successful and healthy.

You have one life to live and it is not the end of the line. You have a great future. You are lucky that medicines and treatment for HIV are free here in the Philippines. We have good doctors who are experts in dealing with the incurable disease. We have treatment hubs all over the country now. 

You can be successful even with HIV. You can get a job here without disclosing your HIV status. The HIV test is not a requirement for employment as it is against the law. You can be fruitful and succeed in any job that you want to take.

You can have a long life. The technology and advancement of medicines have paved the way for people living with HIV to live longer. More people are living for decades, with their own strain of virus maintained at undetectable levels now. Basically more and more are "functionally cured".

You read and listen to the stories here in the blog. Most are very inspiring as they tell you how they have recovered or how they are dealing with HIV. Many are doing what you are about to do and I know for sure that at first there will be obstacles but they can be overcome. With proper guidance of your doctors and counselors, there is no other way but to move forward to the path of recovery.

You are not alone with your struggle. For a few years that I have been blogging, I have talked to and met some people who have their own success stories. Most of their viral loads are undetectable now and are living they lives and reaching their dreams once again. You are not alone. Your family and friends love you. There are people reading my blog who will be praying for you if you reach out to all of us. There are people reading my blog who will give you words of encouragement and wisdom, will cheer you up when you feel down, will help you up when you tumble down, will push you until you reach your goals.

Life with HIV is different. It is special. You will feel the love all over, from your family, from your friends, from people you don't know. You will also know yourself a lot more. Now the challenge is upon you.

There is hope for all of us. There is hope for you. Now it is time to realize it and start taking the right steps to recovery.










"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: