Email 500: Don't Want the Family to Know!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:54 PM

Hi pozziepinoy,

I've read your blog. I have few questions regarding HIV,  feeling ko kasi i have it and one of my concerns if i dont want my family to know ayoko ipasa yung burden ng kagagawan ko sa kanila. I know kaya ko pero mas hindi ko kakayanin kung pati sila madadamay. Nabasa ki kasi sa blog mo na once ma-diagnosed ka na positive at for medications kailangang mong mag submit ng phil health id and documents gusto ko lang sana malaman kung malalaman ba ng company na pagtatrabahuhan mo pati family mo once magpasa ka ng ganung klaseng documents? At may bayad ba ang cd4 test? 

Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks! God bless!


TRANSLATION

Hi Pozziepinoy.

I've read your blog. I have a few questions regarding HIV as I have a feeling that I have it and one of my concerns is that I don't want my family to know as I don't want to pass the burden of my wrongdoings to them. I know I can handle it but I won't be if they will also be involved. I read in your blog that once you are diagnosed to be HIV positive and when you are on medications, you need to submit the PhilHealth ID and documents. I would like to know if my company where I am working for and my family will know once I submit those documents? Is there a fee for the CD4 test?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks! God bless!

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading the blog.

First and foremost, before you worry about other things, you need to take the HIV test. A lot of  people who have been sending me emails, worry about a lot of things once they have been diagnosed with HIV from the HIV test and yet they have not taken the test itself yet. You yourself suspect that you "may have it" for you are not sure yet because you haven't taken the test yet. Please just take it and don't think about anything else first. 

Now to answer your other concerns, if you don't want to involve your family then it is your choice. It is your life in the first place. Now when it comes to submitting the PhilHealth documents, every time you get the ARV's from the hubs (which is every 3 months), you need to get the CF1 form from your company. The HR personnel usually asks what it is for and a lot of PLHIV's get tired of the questioning and the inventing of the reasons why you need it. It is just protocol and if you don't want to say anything anymore, then just tell them it is for personal reasons. Anyway, you are paying for your PhilHealth contribution so you have the right to use it for anything. Once the PhilHeath documents are being processed in the hub, all your personal information will be held with utmost confidentiality in accordance to the confidentiality law here in the country. Your company nor your family won't be informed where it is being used for.

But for the meantime, stop worrying. Just focus on the HIV test first. Half of the people who had emailed me, thought too that they had HIV, worried about almost everything about it, felt that they had symptoms related to HIV, and yet when the result of the HIV test came out, they were negative. So stop thinking anymore and just take the HIV test ASAP. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: