Email 493: Recovery and Work Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:27 AM

Hi Pozzie! Good Day!

I am a follower of your blog since I was diagnose with the disease. My cd4 count then was just 20, I had Pneumonia and pulmonary tb. I completed my Ptb meds and recovering. After 6 months of treatment my cd4 went to 156. I wonder if the  pace of my cd4 recovery is fast or  is it slow? I will be working again and I am worried if I can still work in graveyard shift  
schedule.

Thank you so much pozzie for this blog, it helps a lot to all plhiv.

Patient 102



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Patient 102.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for following the blog. I hope you can get useful information here that you can use on your new journey with life.

As long as your CD4 is going up, then it is still a good sign, considering you just finished your TB treatment and you said that you are now recovering from it. Keep in mind that having an infection aside from HIV can depress the immune system, but in your case, your immune system is now rebounding back so be glad about it.

Working in the graveyard shift schedule doesn't worry me because your body will definitely adjust to the time change. Just make sure that you get enough sleep after, like make sure you have 8 hours or more of sleep everyday and have a regular exercise program, 1. To improve your lung capacity since you just had a bout of lung insult, and 2. To boost your immune system. Also, assist your immune system by having a well balanced diet everyday.

You can check out these blog entries that will help you boost your immune system:


      2. Don't get Sick!
      3. This is For You
      4. Above 350
      5. Full Time Job
      7. Just Don't get Sick
      8. Sleep and HIV



I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: