Email 495: The HIV Test in RITM Satellite Clinic

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:24 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

First of all good day to you and hoping that your doing great. By the way I am a straight male.

I just want to ask on what is the type and name of the testing method they are using in RITM Malate? I was already tested there after 12 weeks of unprotected vaginal penetration and I am going to get tested again after 6 months. I asked the personnel there and one have told me ELISA and another one said Particle Agglutination. I'm just wondering which is which because as I have read from your blog that it is Particle Agglutination. Also may I also know what is the name of the manufacturer. Is it made of Serodia or Abbot or Roche, etc? One last thing, what is the generation of this testing kit they're using. I am sorry for this questions and I would appreciate if you could give me some information.

Thank you and God bless.
Sam



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Sam.

Thank you for your email. 

With regards to your questions, I called Ms. Sharon, the medical technician of RITM satellite Clinic with the permission of Dr. Ditangco. Here are her answers:

1. The two tests that are being done in the clinic for HIV testing are:
    a. the Rapid Test 
    b. the Particle Agglutination Test
  
    The rapid test is the initial screening and if it tests positive here, then the Particle 
    Agglutination Test will be conducted.

2. The manufacturer of the tests are:
    a. SD Bioline for the Rapid Test
    b. FujiRedio for the Particle Agglutination Test

3. The tests belong to the 3rd generation

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: