Email 566: Needing ARV's Fast

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:56 PM

Hi sir,

im trying to call your hotline pero wala po sumasagot. I have a relative po kasi diagnosed with AIDs. yung ARV daw po after 2 weeks pa. gusto ko po sana malaman kung my possible way na maka kuha agad ng medicine asap. im worried na po kasi. right now nasa hospital po sha naka admit. and naguguluhan na po ako kasi sabi ng doctor critical condition niya. my chance pa po ba na mabubuhay pa sha ng mas matagal pa? please help.

Thanks po




TRANSLATION

Hi Sir.

I'm trying to call your hotline but nobody was picking up. I have a relative that has been diagnosed with AIDS. The ARV's can be prescribed after 2 weeks and I was wondering if there is a possible way to get the medicine ASAP. I am worried. Right now he is admitted in a hospital and I am confused as the doctor said that his condition is critical. Is there a chance that he can live longer? Please help.

Thank you.


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your concern with me and to my readers.

Usually, the HIV doctors address the most crucial infection first before the HIV itself as these infections may already be life threatening. Maybe that is the reason why the delay in taking the ARV's. Treatment for opportunistic infections and treatment for HIV itself are two different approaches. Since you didn't tell me all his medical history, his infections per se, then that is the only thing that I can think of why the delay with the prescription of ARV's.

I was once bedridden and on my death bed with pneumonia and PCP and all my doctors addressed my pneumonia and PCP first before I was prescribed with ARV's which was about a month later. After I was cured of my opportunistic infections, then my ARV's were prescribed and the rest is history.

I know you are worried but you should try to coordinate with his doctors first. Better to get the facts first as they are holding his medical records and I know for sure that they know what they are doing with your relative.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: