Email 568: Paranoid About the Symptoms

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:43 PM

Hi Pozzie,

Last December 20, 2012 my girlfriend and I broke up and I found another girl. She is working in a company almost 3 months at that time and has already have a child. We had sex last January and we had it again and again until we broke up last March 2013. 

I was working in call center industry when we broke up and I experienced having tonsillitis on that same month and my lymph nodes in my neck has been swollen. I also experienced chills and mounted my temperature to 39.2 Celsius, I don't have any appetite for eating because its too painful to swallow. I remembered that I was eating ice cream and drank too sweet orange juice in the pantry ignoring the swollen tonsils and that's time it gone worse. I seek medical advise from a doctor and been consulted, he prescribe an antibacterial 500mg twice a day for 10 days because it gone worse. After few days of  following the prescribe medication, the white circles in my tonsils started to disappear but my lymph nodes takes a while to go back to its original position. After my tonsillitis, I still feel weak but got better a week after. 


I told my ex-gf to get tested for HIV but she told me she approach her Gyne to get a request for HIV testing but the doctor told her that she is certain that she don't have the virus because she is the one assessing her health condition when she was pregnant and was negative with the virus. 

Right now, I don't feel any symptoms of HIV, but my sneezing, and colds is always visiting my body. I'm too afraid that what I experienced last March was already the symptoms of HIV and I haven't got tested with it because my girlfriend told me that I was just paranoid. 

Please clear my mind out because I was really confused and feared the illness because they said that there is no cure once you have HIV..hoping for your reply. Thank You! 


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog and for sharing your concern with us.

Like what I always tell my readers, HIV has non specific symptoms. Whatever you are feeling could be anything so you might as well consult with a doctor so you can be prescribed with the appropriate lab tests and medications.

However, to calm your mind, you can also take the HIV test. Don't be scared about it. It is best to be proactive. It is your health so be responsible about it.

Also, when it comes to your ex-girfriend, please don't believe that she has no HIV without proof of the HIV test, because only the HIV test can diagnose it. Even though her doctor said that she knew your ex-gf very well, still the fact of the matter is if there is no HIV test done, then even her doctor cannot claim that she has no HIV. Period.

Just take the test. Don't think anymore and don't be scared. If you need to talk some more or need assistance for the HIV test, just call me at 0916-286-2066.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: