PLHIV Story: I'm Positive

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:30 PM


Hi there ka HIVe!

Im XXX, i'm 33 years of age and i was dianosed this year in May17.  For me nothing has been amazing and i didn't wonder having or where to whom i got it from cuz I was sexually active during that time. I had sex gimmicks but not here in the Philippines but far out abroad. 

One drastic morning i was heading back to Manila from my client in Tarlac City when i felt this warm and painful feeling in my right leg. OMG un lang nasabi ko. What the heck was this, it's killing me, it was very painful in the middle of the trip. i stripped off my shoe because it was very very painful and I felt like it was "manas". i whispered to myself if this was elephantiasis? Because it was swollen and i had difficulty walking so i went to The Medical City and the internalist told me it was an abscess. But wait, I thought, where did it come from? The doctor started to ask me some questions to the point of convincing me to have an HIV test but I said NO doc. Why?! He suggested for me to gave a 2nd opinion for me to undergo lymphnode biopsy. i asked him to give me 3 to 48 hours to decide so my doctor discharged me in a good condition with a minor surgery on my right leg. He basically removed and drained the abscess. 



When i came home my mom asked me what happened and i told her because I'm very open to my mom. She was worried bec last 2012 i underwent surgery bec of abscess in my butt area . I read my henry book that have been not touched for many years after my medtech days that one of the symptoms because of low immune system, the lymph nodes no longer work properly due to VIRAL infection and that is HIV virus. i just told myself again "ok un pala". I ignored what i had read days and months then one day i just fell to the ground. i can't walk i cant eat and I experienced nausea, I cant sleep, i have this severe muscle pain. They brought me to my cousins' hosp in Pasig boom! Window 1 for my HIV test. My cousin told me and advised me to have the confirmatory and CD4 count. I called a press con ( my family members and importants relatives only ) I told them that I will take the advice of my cousin and take the HIV test. their face turned blank saying why ? I told them that I am not angel santino in disguise of the family. They just told me that what ever the result will be they will support me and take good care of me.

My tears just dropped and flowed from my eyes and when the day came with the verdict I opened the envelope with my mom, dad, bro, aunties and 2 cousins around.The result was POSITIVE and they all hugged me saying God will take good care of me and they will fight with me.









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: