Email 570: About the HIV Test and Symptoms

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:30 PM

Hi..

Good Day!!!! 

Ask ko lang if I can go directly to RITM in Malate for an HIV Test.. Or do I have to get an endorsement..

Am just worried kasi, because na-ospital ako more than a month ago. Prior to that, 10 days na ako may lagnat before ako na-admit sa ospital.

In my discharge paper, I was diagnosed fever with unknown origin.. One of the doctor who attended to my case asked me of my sex life.. Of course, I have to tell him the truth. He told me that I will be subjected to std or certain test but hindi na ako nagundergo nun nung nadischarge na ako dahil nagrespond ako sa medication na binigay sa akin.


Am just worried, however, because I was in a unprotected sex (risky behavior), 7 weeks before ako nakaramdam ng ganoong lagnat..
As I search the net about HIV, I decided to take the test because of what I read in the net.

By the way, I got your email as you posted in your blogs, while searching the net for answers...

I admire what you are doing.. Its a great help to those who are in problems and troubled regarding the said decease.. 

Hoping for your response...


Worried and Troubled


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Worried and Troubled.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog and for the kind words that wrote about it.

You can go directly to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and just look for Nurse Trisha, Nicka or Hazel. Just tell them that Pozziepinoy sent you so you can be assisted. Click the link below for the directions and schedule of the HIV testing:


It is really best that you take the HIV test since you may have been exposed to the virus with your history of unprotected sex or risky behavior as you have mentioned in your email. It is best to be proactive as it is your health and you need to be responsible about it.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: