Email 576: Still in Shock!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:18 AM

hi.

i'm from cebu city and today, 6 september 2013 has been the greatest shock for my 41 years of existence. i was going thru the process of completing my requirements for my employment abroad. had my medical exams yesterday and i was so surprised when somebody from that laboratory called me up late afternoon yesterday informing me that i need to go back the following day because the doctor need to discuss something with me regarding my result.  my fear that time cannot be explained coz i knew something at the back of my mind that "this is it!". 



so i went back to the lab this afternoon to finally find that my fear is indeed correct.  the doctor explained to me that the border line is just 0.something and mine was 2.something.  it was like the whole world collapsed good thing my partner for more than a year was with me that time.  he hasn't been thru any hiv test yet but he really thinks i got the virus from him because last dec 2012 i went thru an hiv test for local employment and it was negative. currently we're still in shock that's all i can say and we're at the point that we are still scared to submit my case to the clinic in vicente sotto  
memorial hospital.

some words from you will greatly help :(

thanks



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing us your concerns.

It is really shocking when one finds out that he or she is HIV positive. It is like the world is crushing down on you. You would feel that all your hopes and dreams of having a wonderful life is now gone.

However, it is not the end of the world for you. HIV nowadays is like having diabetes or hypertension only. One has maintenance medicines everyday to just "tame' the virus. It is not a death sentence anymore as long as you would maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I know that is heartbreaking that you'll miss that opportunity to work abroad because it is required to have a medical test first prior to granting of working visas. But don't worry, you can still be productive here in our own country. Still you can get the best job and have the best life here.

Now there are steps to take in order for you to be in control of your health. You need to go to Vicente Sotto which is the hub in Cebu and get a consultation with an HIV doctor. Don't worry HIv medicines or ARV's are free in case they will be prescribed to you. Also, please don't be scared. You need to focus now on your health, more than anything else. Also, please tell your partner to also take the HIV test. If he thinks that you got the bug from him, then he should now be responsible and have the courage to take the HIV test too.

I want you to read the following blog entries:

Hope and Positivism




Recovery Entries:


For support and guidance in Cebu, you can visit:


Cebu Plus

Room 203 Cebu City Health Department

09151342831 Cindy
639334648651 Rey



I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: